Blogs > Frye on the News

Keeping his eye on the news and offering commentaries and insights on what is happening in Oakland County, around the world, on the tube and in the news.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More on Sandusky

So who benefited from the Sandusky, Penn State child sexual abuse scandal story?

I know that that judge in Texas who beat his daughter silly disappeared pretty quickly.

But my, that Sandusky story has legs, wheels in fact. That audio interview with Bob Costas was fascinating, especially the pauses and language used by the one-time defensive coordinator, trying to mix the truth with the omissions that will land him in prison for the rest of his life.

He touched their legs....but without sexual intent. He is passionate about young people, especially boys.

These are very carefully worded confessions, I feel.

I think he actually believes that he is normal and that his actions are only misunderstood.

I also must say I am in no way offended by Sandusky-inspired humor. I've heard of someone raising eyebrows by naming their bar trivia team "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky story." Funny.

SNL's bit on even the devil being offended was funny.

And somewhere, I think on Facebook, I saw a reference to Joe Paterno death watch. That's funny. You know how occasionally long time married grandparents will die one after the other, sometimes just days apart. Wonder how Paterno will live without football.

At least he won't be like Jon Gruden, annoying television viewers as another ex-coach thinking a second profession is easy.

I would like to see Oprah get Paterno in the hot seat, though. Not just to listen to but to watch him squirm.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home