Blogs > Frye on the News

Keeping his eye on the news and offering commentaries and insights on what is happening in Oakland County, around the world, on the tube and in the news.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Astronauts are people, too

Though it might seem they require super-human smarts, patience and
fortitude, astronauts can be just like regular people as well.
The Associated Press reported that today with a story headlined,
"Astronaut loses tool bag in space."
The mishap occurred when a grease gun erupted inside the bag of
astronaut Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper, who then tried wiping the
grease from her spacesuit, at which time the bag floated off.
With all the dropped screws or washers I've lost into spaces I cannot
reach, tools lost in the garage or paint spilled, I can relate to
this mistake.
Hopefully, it is not a major problem as my sprinklers and baby crib
do not constitute the dangers found with space travel.
I sympathize with the error, and I wonder what kind of swear or grunt
could be heard when one's tool bag simply floats off into nothingness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home