Blogs > Frye on the News

Keeping his eye on the news and offering commentaries and insights on what is happening in Oakland County, around the world, on the tube and in the news.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Remember the 'Dome

Here is my favorite memory of the Silverdome, which is being sold following an auction.

"When Zeke (Isiah Thomas) hit the winning basket in a playoff game against the Atlanta Hawks in 1987," said one reader. "Unfortunately for me, as I winded down from the cheap seats and in an effort to get a better view (which was possible towards the end of the game when security is lax), I didn't see the shot but boy did I hear the roar and reacted as if it were me hitting the winning basketfrom the playgrounds of Yaktown (slang for Pontiac). But it was a true barn burner, and I was able to make it over to my lady's pad after the game and informed her of the excitement that I witnessed, with her reaction one in which she replied angrily that I went to the game without taking her. My feelings were distraught as a result of her response, but the memory of that game continues to this day bring back in my mind of what I remember most about the Dome."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home