Blogs > Frye on the News

Keeping his eye on the news and offering commentaries and insights on what is happening in Oakland County, around the world, on the tube and in the news.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Gas price signs and STDs

Motoring to work this morning, a Sunoco sign caught my attention on
Perry Street.
Under the unleaded regular and improved unleaded, the third price
called for $5.42.
Whoa.
I knew gas prices were going up. The first two numbers were something
like $2.25, meaning gas had jumped in Pontiac up from $2.19-a-gallon,
which I had paid on Thursday.
Generally a dime or two below higher priced areas, such as Rochester
Hills or near I-75, I figured other places were going up for the
weekend, too.
But more than $5, I thought maybe it was a preview to the summer, a
joke by an attendant. Or something happened to diesel, I wondered.
As I passed, I looked closer and saw that was the price for a pack of
Newports. I don't normally see the prices for a pack of smokes listed
with the gas prices, but hey, any sort of marketing works nowadays
and it should be used.
It beats the other sign I see on Huron Street, where on the side of a
building I see STD Contractors.
I know it's not a massage parlor but the name would work for one of
those.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Workman said...

You're hilarious

May 12, 2009 at 6:55 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home