Blogs > Frye on the News

Keeping his eye on the news and offering commentaries and insights on what is happening in Oakland County, around the world, on the tube and in the news.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen is right?


Of course not, when it comes to substance abuse and attempted recovery.

However, I believe Charlie Sheen nailed it on the head when he said on a radio program that he said to his boss, “I've spent the last decade turning your tin cans into gold."

The show, Two and a Half Men, is stupid, so I assume most of the success comes not from the writers but from the team of actors, which is led by Sheen.

I'm guided more to 30 Rock and Modern Family, but I'll give Sheen his due; his show is number one after eight seasons. Reruns earn great ratings. Fans of the show appear to not be getting tired of it. So in the fight between his bosses (network and producer Chuck Lorre) and the star (lit up Tiger-blooded Sheen), I'm taking the star.

Plus, if more people in Hollywood followed his example and worked without a publicist, think how entertaining TV would become, especially the news. Oh my. I can only hope.

Here's to Sheen returning with a $3 million-an-episode contract and proof that not everything has to be so processed and canned.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home