Blogs > Frye on the News

Keeping his eye on the news and offering commentaries and insights on what is happening in Oakland County, around the world, on the tube and in the news.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lie to Me, please don't lie to us

I missed it, but I didn't sweat it terribly. I had hoped to see the
premiere of "Lie to Me," a new police series on the Fox network. A
review by Nicole Robertson, an Oakland Press editor, raised my
interest in the new Tim Roth show, which runs from 9 to 10 p.m. on
Wednesdays.
Though I almost always do not like Fox's dramas, this one might have
been worth watching.
My chief concern, though, is Fox's quick hook for series. Without a
strong opening, they often get axed within weeks or months of
premiering, one reason to not jump on board until later. You can skip
the first season, then catch up on DVD if it is renewed.
I'm not too interested in trying to catch up now because with "Lie to
Me" going up against a pair of Top 20 shows (Criminal Minds on CBS,
Lost on ABC), it's chance of survival is minimal, even with the
American Idol lead in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home