Blogs > Frye on the News

Keeping his eye on the news and offering commentaries and insights on what is happening in Oakland County, around the world, on the tube and in the news.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lions schedule

With their home season opening against the Brett Favre-less Green Bay
Pakers, the Lions' 2008 regular season schedule was released on Tuesday.
Well, one thing we know, odds are I can already schedule what I'll be
doing during the NFL playoffs — watching other teams play towards the
Super Bowl.
An uninspiring off-season has eliminated any excitement for football,
something not common for me. Could the Ford's be losing that eternal
optimism Lions' fans have held for decades?
I was about three rows from the Pontiac Silverdome's ceiling the last
time the Lions won a playoff game, my first pro football game.
What a memory, but, as a Lions fan, that's all I have to inspire me.
And 1991 was a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home