Blogs > Frye on the News

Keeping his eye on the news and offering commentaries and insights on what is happening in Oakland County, around the world, on the tube and in the news.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rich Rod, hard work and tears

All I thought when I first heard reports of possible misdeeds within in the University of Michigan football program was that this could not be a bad thing for the team.
I mean a tradition of not breaking rules and winning was being challenged by a report that the coaches were making the team work too hard.
In the court of public opinion, that will never be a bad thing, even if it is a violation of rules. Hard work is a strong American ethic. Whining with unattributed allegations is not.
But then the reaction to the allegations and subsequent investigation may have turned the public opinion. 
I mean, crying, come on, as I watched the press conference and saw the crying, I was shocked. I could hear the laughs all the way from Lansing. Oh my.
That will get played again, over and over. Infractions and a wimp factor.
Oh well. They better get to winning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home